Gas explosion in Genk: seriously injured resident taken into shower with neighbors

Gas explosion in Genk: seriously injured resident taken into shower with neighbors
Gas explosion in Genk: seriously injured resident taken into shower with neighbors
--

A gas explosion in Genk blew two facades off a house around midnight. The explosion was probably caused by a gas leak. The 51-year-old resident suffered serious burns.

The resident was put in a shower at the neighbors for a while to cool the burns. He was then taken to hospital under the supervision of an emergency physician.

© Tom Palmaers

The emergency services were called on the night from Sunday to Monday for a victim who was badly burned. “When the paramedics arrived, it turned out that there had been an explosion in the house,” says fire officer Robby Bollen of the East Limburg emergency zone.

© Tom Palmaers

“The entire left and rear facade flew out of the house due to the explosion, probably due to a gas leak.”

The fire brigade could not do much during the night because it was too dangerous in the house. Fluvius was asked to shut off the gas supply from outside. “We have cordoned off the area around the house so that no one can enter because there is still a risk of collapse,” says Officer Bollen.

The house is uninhabitable and will most likely have to be demolished.

© Tom Palmaers

© Tom Palmaers

© Tom Palmaers

The article is in Dutch

Belgium

Tags: Gas explosion Genk injured resident shower neighbors

-

PREV Two facades blown away by gas explosion in Genk: resident (51) seriously injured | Genk
NEXT Four years in prison for snack bar operator who stabbed drug criminal ‘Favela’ in Borgerhout (Borgerhout)