A man in his 50s died on Sunday, September 4, 2022, two days after being beaten up by several people in Metz, a city in northeastern France.
Ramazan Karabınar (50) died of his injuries in hospital on Sunday 4 September 2022, two days after a terrible attack on Friday 2 September in the Vallières district of Metz (Moselle). According to the Turkish newspaper Hürriyet, it was a group of African youths.
Metz’s attorney, Yves Badorc, told Lorraine Actu that “on Friday around 5 p.m. an altercation between motorists got out of hand and one of them had to be hospitalized”. The incident took place at a traffic light in rue de la Corchade.
Unfortunately, “he was pronounced dead on Sunday,” the magistrate continued.
He added that an investigation had been entrusted to the Departmental Security Service of the Metz Police Station, on the grounds of “violence leading to death with no intent to cause it”.
He leaves behind five children
The victim’s cousin told Lorraine Actu that “he was a family man, he had five children, all grown up”.
He adds that “it was my brothers who told me that our uncle had died in the hospital”.
The 50-year-old’s family is currently looking for elements and testimonials to determine the exact sequence of events.
Source: French media