Israel reports soldiers injured by drones in north
Two Israeli soldiers were injured in a drone attack from Lebanon. The Israeli army said this on Friday. One drone was intercepted, two others landed in northern Israel. The Lebanese Shia militia Hezbollah claimed responsibility for the attack involving “three attack drones”.
Three Israeli soldiers have also been seriously injured in the past 24 hours anti-tank missile That from Lebanon was fired at Israel. The Israeli soldiers then attacked Hezbollah targets, the army said.
Two more Israeli soldiers were reportedly injured on Friday evening when one enemy plane had landed, which had flown from Lebanon to Israel.
Since the start of the war in the Gaza Strip on October 7, there have been repeated clashes between the Israeli army and Hezbollah on the Israel-Lebanon border. There have been casualties on both sides. This is the most serious escalation since the Israeli-Lebanese war in 2006.
Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah will give another speech on Saturday.
At least 38 journalists and press workers killed since war began
Since the start of the war between the terrorist group Hamas and Israel at least 38 journalists and press workers killed. The international journalists’ federation IFJ reported this on Friday. Several others were hit injured or missing.
The federation says it is working closely with the Palestinian journalists’ union to verify the information. According to information up to November 10, the deaths of 33 Palestinian journalists and media workers, four Israeli journalists and media workers and one Lebanese journalist have been documented.
The IFJ and the Palestinian Association’s security trainers are calling on all editors to keep their staff on the ground to protect. They also call on journalists on the ground to take precautions, wear professional safety equipment and not travel without the necessary safety equipment of their media.
Israel reduces death toll after Hamas attack from 1,400 to 1,200
Israel has the number kill revised by the October 7 Hamas attack. It has been reduced from approximately 1,400 to 1,200reports the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
It is due to the fact that there many corpses have been found not identified “and now we believe they belong to terrorists and are not Israeli victims,” a spokesman said.
For more than a month, the Israeli government assumed there were around 1,400 victims, some of whom were considered missing. In addition, approximately 240 people abducted to the Palestinian Gaza Strip. It was recently announced that approximately 1,200 deaths have been identified so far. It’s about at least 840 civilians and around 350 military personnel.
Saudi Crown Prince critical of violence in Gaza the day before the summit
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has responded publicly for the first time on the war in the Gaza Strip. “We condemn the military aggression in the Gaza Strip, the attacks on civilians and the continued violations of international humanitarian law by the Israeli occupation forces,” he said at a summit with African leaders.
Find Saturday in his country two emergency meetings place about the war, of the Arab League and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
“We underline that it is important that this war and forced displacements stop and that the conditions are created to restore stability and make peace,” the country’s de facto leader said. Bin Salman thus repeats a position that government representatives of Saudi Arabia have expressed before. Before the war, the country was still trying to strengthen ties with Israel, but that process seems to be stalling due to the violence.
Evacuations from Gaza to Egypt suspended again
The evacuations from Gaza to Egypt will not take place this Friday, Egyptian and Palestinian sources report to the Reuters news agency. That would have to do with difficulties in getting medical evacuees to the border.
Since November 1, people with a foreign passport or other ties with a foreign country have been allowed to leave Gaza. Severely injured Palestinians are also allowed through for treatment in Egypt.
It is It is still unclear when the Rafah border crossing will reopen. This week, evacuations were suspended twice earlier because aid workers and medical convoys became hit by attacks.