CAMBRIDGE, Mass. –No. 1 Harvard Women’s Squash, coming off its eighth straight national championship in 2023, opens the 2023-24 campaign on Saturday vs. 14th-ranked Williams. The Crimson’s season opener is slated for a 4 pm ET start at the Murr Center Squash Courts and will air on Stretch Internet.
What to Know
- The Crimson open the campaign ranked No. 1 in the College Squash Association Preseason Team Rankings. A year ago, Harvard went 14-1 overall and 6-0 in the Ivy League before raising its eight straight Howe Cup.
- Harvard had its 102-match winning streak stopped last season, but immediately started another and enters the opener having won 10 straight.
- The Crimson leads the all-time series with Williams, 33-4. Harvard lost the first four meetings, but has responded with 33 straight series victories.
- Harvard last went head-to-head with Williams in 2020 and emerged with the 9-0 decision. It was the Crimson’s eighth straight shutout of the Ephs.
- Returning for 2023-24 are a pair of first-team All-Americans in senior Marina Stefanoni and sophomore Saran Gregory-Nghiemand two second-team All-Americans in senior Serena Daniel and junior Habiba Eldafrawy. Stefanoni recently competed in the Pan Am Games in Santiago, Chile, where she fell in the semifinals of the singles tournament to former Crimson standout Amanda Sobhy ’15.
Following its season opener, Harvard will return to action on Wednesday, Nov. 29, when it opens Ivy League play vs. Dartmouth. The 5 pm ET match will take place at the Murr Center Squash Courts.