Watch Champions League games live in the UK with TNT Sports
Watch Champions League in Canada from CA$30 a month
Watch the Champions League in Australia from AU$25 a month
Newcastle boss Eddie Howe brings his threadbare squad to Signal Iduna Park today to face Borussia Dortmund in a high-stakes UEFA Champions League clash.
Both sides come into this game on four points, behind group leaders PSG, with this match likely to determine which of these two teams will progress as runners-up.
The Magpies will be without a host of key stars for this crucial game, including Dan Burn, Sven Botman, Harvery Barnes and Alexander Isak through injury, while Sandro Tonali is suspended.
The reverse fixture at St. James’ Park last month saw Newcastle slip to their first defeat in Group F, thanks to a solitary goal from Dortmund midfielder Felix Nmecha.
That result marked the German side’s first win in the group, but they come into this fixture off the back of a heavy 4-0 defeat against age-old rivals Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
Below, we’ll outline the best live TV streaming services to use to watch every game live wherever you are in the world.
An injury crisis has left Newcastle boss Eddie Howe with just 16 senior players, including three goalkeepers, to choose from.
David Horton/CameraSport/Getty Images
Borussia Dortmund vs. Newcastle: When and where?
Borussia Dortmund hosts Newcastle at Signal Iduna Park on Tuesday, Nov. 7. Kickoff is set for 6.45 pm CET local time in Germany (12:45 pm ET, 9:45 am PT in the US and Canada, 5:45 pm GMT in the UK, and 4:45 am AEDT on Wednesday, Nov. 8 in Australia).
How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. Newcastle game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find yourself unable to view Champions League matches locally, you may need a different way to watch the action — that’s where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and you want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you’re able to virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to get access to the game. So if your internet provider or mobile carrier has stuck you with an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can correct that problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, nonblackout area. Most VPNs, like ours Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You should be sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even where VPNs are legal, the streaming service may terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing correctly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great ones VPN deals taking place right now.
Live stream Borussia Dortmund vs. Newcastle in the US
American soccer fans can stream every fixture of this season’s tournament via Paramount Plus, which has exclusive live English-language broadcast rights in the US for UEFA Champions League matches.
Paramount Plus has two main subscription plans in the US: Essential for $6 per month and Premium for $12 per month. Both offer coverage of the Champions League.
The cheaper Essential option has ads for on-demand streaming and lacks live CBS feeds as well as the ability to download shows to watch offline later. Newcomers to the service can take advantage of a 30-day free trial, while students may qualify for a 25% discount.
Read our Paramount Plus review.
Live stream Borussia Dortmund vs. Newcastle in the UK
Champions League live broadcast rights in the UK are held by TNT Sports (formerly known as BT Sport).
Having been renamed from BT Sports, TNT Sports is offering Champions League matches exclusively live this season to viewers in the UK. You can access TNT Sports in exactly the same way as its predecessor, including via Sky Q as a TV package, as well as the option of streaming online. It costs £30 either way and comes in a package that includes Discovery Plus’ library of documentary content.
Live stream Borussia Dortmund vs. Newcastle, Canada
If you want to stream UCL games live in Canada, you’ll need to subscribe to DAZN Canada. The service has exclusive broadcast rights to the Champions League this season.
A DAZN subscription currently costs CA$30 a month or CA$200 a year and will also give you access to Europa League and EFL Championship soccer, Six Nations rugby and WTA tennis.
As well as dedicated apps for iOS and Android, there’s a wide range of support for set-top boxes and smart TVs.
Live stream Borussia Dortmund vs. Newcastle, Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch UCL matches on streaming service Stan Sport, which has exclusive rights to show the Champions League live in Australia this season.
Stan Sport will set you back AU$10 per month (on top of a AU$10 Stan subscription), but the streaming service is currently offering a seven-day free trial.
A subscription will also give you access to Europa League and Europa Conference League action, as well as international rugby and Formula E.
Quick tips for streaming UEFA Champions League matches using a VPN
- With four variables at play — your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN — your experience and success when streaming Champions League games may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after you’ve turned on your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll have to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network’s sports app, you’ll be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, since both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so be sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We normally recommend Brave.