Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 1:22 PM
The organization of the Lotto Six Days Flanders-Ghent has presented the entire field of participants for the next edition of the track event. The Six Days of Ghent will take place from November 14 to 19 in the Kuipke.
Last year’s winners, Lindsay De Vylder and Robbe Ghys, defend their title in the 82nd edition of the Lotto Six Days Flanders-Ghent. They will compete against eleven other Belgian and international top duos, including the Dutch Yoeri Havik and Jan-Willem van Schip, the German tandem Roger Kluge and Theo Reinhardt and the Belgian couple Fabio Van den Bossche and Jules Hesters.
With Lotte Kopecky, a Belgian world champion will also be in action in the Kuipke next Friday and Saturday. Kopecky will participate in the FiberReady Ladies Cup. The women get several moments to excel during the Lotto Six Days of Ghent. The Fiberready Ladies Cup consists of a elimination race and points race on Friday and another elimination race and points race on Saturday.
The Six Days of Ghent is now in its 82nd edition this year. The first winners were Marcel Buysse and Oscar Egg in 1922. Patrick Sercu has the most victories to his name. Sercu, who died in 2019, who was also competition director of the Six Days of Ghent for a long time after his career, won no fewer than eleven times. The first time was in 1965, the last time in 1981.
Participating couples Six Days of Ghent 2023 (14-19 November)
1. / Yoeri Havik – Jan-Willem van Schip
2. / Roger Kluge – Theo Reinhardt
3. / Lindsay De Vylder – Robbe Ghys
4. / Mark Stewart – Oliver Wood
5. / Fabio Van den Bossche – Jules Hesters
6. / Noah Vandenbranden – Tuur Dens
7. / Gianluca Pollefliet – Tim Torn Teutenberg
8. / Lasse Norman Hansen – Jonas Rickaert
9. / Mathias Malmberg – Aaron Gate
10. / Vincent Hoppezak – Philip Heijnen
11. / Oscar Nilsson-Julien – Valentin Tablion
12. / Michele Scartezzini – Milan Van den Haute