by Jennifer Mertens
published on Friday November 10, 2023 to 21:49 •
3 min read
More and more electric car manufacturers are looking to Belgium. The Chinese manufacturer Exlantix is one of them. It wants to offer green vehicles in our country from next year.
In the news: Exlantis will enter Belgium in the fourth quarter of 2024.
- The Chinese manufacturer will sell two cars: the ES and the ET SUV, which was recently presented at the Geneva Motor Show.
The details: With these two vehicles, Exlantix is positioning itself in the luxury segment.
- The all-wheel drive versions offer a range of 530 km for the ES and 475 km for the SUV. They are therefore ideal for both city rides and longer distances, according to the brand.
- Charging can be adjusted according to needs, allowing the battery to be charged up to 50 percent within 15 minutes. You do need an 800V charging point.
- The ES reaches a speed of 100 km/h in less than 4 seconds, which is comparable to the performance of luxury sports cars.
- But the brand also emphasizes safety, with a braking distance of less than 35 meters. This performance is most likely achieved under optimal conditions.
“Designed for daring, environmentally conscious drivers. The Exlantix models feature air suspension, a full aluminum chassis, a five-piece multi-link suspension on the rear axle and double wishbones at the front for optimal comfort and stable and predictable handling.”
This is stated in the press release.
- No price has been announced yet. More information is expected in 2024.
Noticed: In China the brand is known as Exeed. A name that is probably too reminiscent of Hyundai’s Exceed model. Hence the name change.
Increasing competition from China
Belgium will not be the only European country that can welcome Exlantix cars. The subsidiary of Chinese manufacturer Chery also makes its debut in Luxembourg, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as in Mexico, Kazakhstan and the Middle East.