CelebritiesThe actress, who charged Russell Brand (48) in the United States on Friday for sexual abuse, felt “disgusted” after the alleged incident. “I felt used and abused. I felt like I was just an object for his momentary excitement,” said the alleged victim, who wished to remain anonymous, in an interview with ‘The Sunday Times’.
The British comedian and actor was charged in New York on Friday with sexual misconduct on the set of the 2011 film ‘Arthur’. In his native country, four women previously came forward with similar stories. An investigation into those allegations is still ongoing. The 48-year-old actor has denied the allegations and said all his sexual contact has been consensual. He has not yet responded to the charges in the US.
The actress says Brand first showed his genitals to the entire cast and crew on the set of “Arthur.” Later that day, the actor allegedly followed her to the toilet. There he allegedly forced her to perform oral sex while another crew member guarded the door outside. According to ‘The Sunday Times’, court documents state that she still suffers from “shame and fear” and “has difficulty trusting people”. She demands damages from Brand.
In the interview she says that the news about other alleged victims urged her to go to court. “I want to get my own power back by talking about it,” the woman explains. “I don’t think I could have done that alone. Hopefully, when other women see another woman talk about what happened to her, they will find the strength within themselves to speak out.”
WATCH ALSO. Russell Brand defends himself in YouTube video:
Canvas will broadcast a documentary in which actor Russell Brand is accused of sexual misconduct
“He joked about his sex addiction,” but accusations against Russell Brand are downright appalling (+)
Free unlimited access to Showbytes? Which can!
Log in or create an account and never miss anything from the stars.
Yes, I want free unlimited access